Welcome! 10% off your first order.

Nabui

Monica di Sardegna DOC Superiore

Cantina di Mogoro "Il Nuraghe"

Minor vineyards are used to enrich the wine with colours and tannins, whereas Monica provides sugary richness, softness and  elegance. 

Appearance: intense ruby-red wine, with purplish highlights

Aroma: to an initial aroma of racking is added a scent of wild and ripe blackberries with soft balsamic notes

Taste: complex structure with a perfect balance between freshness, sweet tannins and persistence.

Food Pairing: Roasts and braised beef, game, half-aged and aged cheeses. 

Bottle size: 0,75 l

More details

Grape Variety: Monica

Alcohol content: 13%Vol.

Serving temperature: 16 - 18° C

Vintage: 2011

Occasion: Dinner, Party, Brunch

Allergens: contains sulphites

CHF 23.90

Add to wishlist

More info

Nabui has won the following awards:

IWC 2015 - Gran Menzione

National Wine Show Pramaggiore - Diploma Gold Medal 2011

National D.O.C & D.O.C.G. Wine Competition - Prize   DOUJA d'OR

Vinitaly - Diploma di Gran Menzione

 

 

Find out more

Monica

This is another grape variety of the Sardinian tradition known in Sardinia since the Aragonese age (about 1325 AC). Its great adaptability to different pedoclimatic conditions makes this wine very popular in the island. Grape variety of medium-to-high-vigourness, it has a quite well-developed and noble cluster, with medium-sized grapes. Its quite-thick skin is of a dark blue colour, even if it does not always appear in its deep shade. The grapevine is high resistant to cryptograms and ripens between the second and third ten days of September. 

This vine is fit for all medium-extended-breeding systems and welcomes calcareous-siliceous soils, deep but not too wet. 

It is cultivated in about 3000 hectares, that are mainly to be found in Cagliari, Oristano, Medio Campidano and Carbonia-Iglesias areas. The wine obtained from Monica is characterized by fresh scents of blackberries and cherries, preserves of red fruits and a delicate spicy taste frequently jointed with hints of almonds. 

 The best Monica wine usually comes from plurivariety vineyards, cultivated at least for 85% with Monica. The remaining part (15%) is devoted to Bovale with Barbera sardo and Alicante.  

Minor vineyards are used to enrich the wine with colours and tannins, whereas Monica provides sugary richness, softness and  elegance. 

Reviews

No customer reviews for the moment.

Write a review

Nabui

Nabui

Minor vineyards are used to enrich the wine with colours and tannins, whereas Monica provides sugary richness, softness and  elegance. 

Appearance: intense ruby-red wine, with purplish highlights

Aroma: to an initial aroma of racking is added a scent of wild and ripe blackberries with soft balsamic notes

Taste: complex structure with a perfect balance between freshness, sweet tannins and persistence.

Food Pairing: Roasts and braised beef, game, half-aged and aged cheeses. 

Bottle size: 0,75 l

Customers who bought this product also bought: